Known for its Arabian Gulf beaches, Ras Al Khaimah is the favorite destination for locals living in Dubai. Situated near the mighty Hajar Mountains, Ras Al Khaimah has become a great place for exploring and sightseeing on the northern part of United Arab Emirates. Present since the early 3rd millennium BC, Ras Al Khaimah is an historic place consisting of archaeological excavations and historical places. If you plan to visit here, these are some of the things one can visit.
- Ras Al Khaimah Pearl Museum – One of the major occupation and industry of Ras Al Khaimah locals is pearl diving. The museum teaches history and techniques of collecting pearls, and provides information on how pearl diving became a huge part of their economy. Pearl diving is a risky job and requires special equipment,, but the pearls collected are really beautiful and wort all the trouble.
- Hajar Mountains – Hajar Mountains provides a beautiful landscape to the locals of Ras Al Khaimah, and is the major attraction for the locals and tourists. The highest point of the mountain, at approximately 1537m, is called Jabal Yibir, which is a favorite spot for geologists. One of the main advantages of Hajar Mountain is that you get to see various igneous rocks which further offer a magnificent view of the surrounding desert. Take pictures from this place.
- Café La Luna – This café restaurant offers Italian delicacies like pastas and pizzas. With pasta and pizza, you can also opt for a sip of their excellent coffees, along with small breakfast consisting of croissants and omelets. You will also enjoy the view of the dipping yachts of Al Hamra Marina.
- Breakers on the beach – Breakers on the beach is a beach bar in Ras Al Khaimah, where you can chill with some coffee, mocktails or cocktails. Step-in to this bar, and enjoy your drinks by wiggling your toes on the sand, or just count the number of waves. This beach bar is located on the main highway at the Cove Rotana Resort between Jazirat Al Hamra and RAK city.
- Iceland Water Park – One of the best places to visit if you have your young ones, and also a cheaper option compared to Wild Wadi and Aquaventure Waterpark in Dubai. All the rides here are safe and perfect for both, adrenaline and non-adrenaline junkies. You can opt for splash rides, water pools, along with all-round entertainment for your family.
- Sho Fee Rooftop Bar – Another good place to hang-out at if you want to spend the perfect evening with a few cocktails, and watch the sun set by the sea. Sho Fee Rooftop bar is located on the 9th floor terraceat the famous Double Tree on the Marjan Island. In the evening, you can enjoy good music with live DJ’s spinning into action, along with Arabic snacks and shisha.
- Khatt Springs – Situated next to the Hajar Mountain, Khatt Springs is the perfect place to refresh your mind, body and soul. The main feature of Khatt springs is the natural hot pools, which are rich in minerals. It also offers facilities to relax such as therapeutic hot springs, hot stone treatment, and Ayurvedic treatment. Located about 20km away from Ras Al Khaimah city, it’s a definite place to visit.
- Ras Al Khaimah National Museum – This list wouldn’t have been complete without mentioning about Ras Al Khaimah National Museum. Until 1960’s, this place once was residence to a former ruler. Ras Al Khaimah is a historical wonder, and has a vast collection of archaeological items. There are about 3 rooms exhibiting various items. The Natural History Room exhibits items like cloths, shells, seashore creatures, jewelry, costumes, etc. Qawasim Room, situated on the first floor, is famous among tourists and exhibits collection of document, treaties and manuscripts between Great Britain and rulers of Ras Al Khaimah. While Ethnographic Room displays information on the traditional life of the Emirati people along with date growing and architecture. This place is historically and culturally rich.
Ras Al Khaimah is a must-visit place if you are on a vacation in U.A.E. There are even more places to visit once you come to Ras Al Khaimah. But first, consider the places mentioned above before you visit any other places.